Saturday, 16 January 2016

The Spring in my Step Dress


 

This Sewaholic Saltspring certainly does put a spring in my step! :D


I mentioned this dress in my last post as being the first project from my planned sewing list that I had started. Well, it's finished now, and I can't get enough of it! I wish I could wear it every single day!


The details:
Fabric:Tulip cotton voile from Spotlight
Pattern: Sewaholic Saltspring dress
Size: 8

Special touches and alterations: Lengthened bodice by 2.5cm and skirt by 4cm. Reduced the blousing by 1cm.




The fabric really makes the dress, I think. It's a tulip print voile from Spotlight, lined in a soft white rayon. I love the colours... I have some of the fabric left over and am seriously thinking about framing some to put on my wall!


My sewing machine made me scream and swear countless times during the making of this dress, but besides that I had hardly any issues (and I have since purchased a nice shiny new sewing machine, yesssss!). I love the fit and the design. I was worried that the fabric wouldn't be drapey enough, but I love the way it looks and the way it feels around my legs when I walk :D


This dress definitely cements me as a Sewaholic fan!


No comments:

Post a Comment