Wednesday, 22 November 2017

The Lady in Red Set

Another lingerie set this week, this time round the Scarlett bra and Ivy briefs by Ohhh Lulu. Perhaps unoriginal, making the Scarlett bra in scarlet? But as soon as this set was released I knew I wanted to make it in bright red.


The details
Fabric: White lycra from Spotlight dyed red, and this lace from MintFrog on Etsy
Notions: Elastics from Booby Traps, rings from sewingcraftnotions on Etsy
Pattern: Ohhh Lulu Scarlett and Ivy
Size: S in the bra, M in the briefs
Special touches and alterations: Added rings to front of straps of the bra, took in sides of briefs by several cm (didn't measure!)
The lace is another beauty from Mint Frog on Etsy, and I dyed the other fabrics and elastics with Fire Engine Red (No. 402) acid reactive dye from Dharma. I was lucky that the color matched the lace so well, I hadn't used this dye before and wasn't sure what it would come out like!
 I love the pretty back detail on this bra. It's so nice for wearing under summery tops with low backs.
I'm not sure why I added rings to the front straps of the bra. They aren't included on the pattern, don't match anything, and don't serve any purpose :P But they are there now and don't bother me that much.
The briefs came out quite large at first, so I took them in by shortening the elastic on the sides. They still have a bit of a droopy bottom, but other than that the fit is good now. If I were to make them again I would probably size down.
The only other issue I had was that after a couple washes, the elastic on the sides started to fray!! I ran over it a couple times with a zig-zag stitch and it seems to be ok for now. I have some of the elastic left over, so I could replace it later down the track if I wanted to.
For now I will enjoy wearing another comfortable and pretty set of lingerie!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are continually improving your lingerie-makes - this set turns out really fantastic!

    Since you are using such lovely lace, another pattern-tip comes to my mind: the fehrtrade lacey thong pattern would fit perfectly the stlye of your bra (ps: it`s a free pdf).

    Ann

    ReplyDelete